For Hypervisor deployments, when you purchase FortiWeb-VM from your reseller, you receive an email that contains a registration number. You use this number to download the software and your purchased license, and also to register your purchase for technical support.
If you have purchased an offline license (currently only supported on Microsoft Hyper-V since FortiWeb 6.1.0), that is, the license for FortiWeb-VM which is deployed in a closed network environment, your license file is sent directly to you from Fortinet Customer Support team. You can skip the following register & download steps.
For details, see the Fortinet Knowledge Base article Registration Frequently Asked Questions.
- On your management computer, start a web browser.
- Log in to the Fortinet Technical Support website:
- In the Asset Management quadrant of the page, click Register/Renew.
- Provide the registration number that was emailed to you when you purchased the software. Registration numbers are a hyphenated mixture of 25 numbers and characters in groups of 5. For example:
A registration form is displayed.
- Complete the form to register your ownership of FortiWeb-VM with Technical Support.
After you complete the form, a registration acknowledgement page is displayed.
- Click the License File Download link.
Your browser downloads the
.licfile that was purchased for that registration number.
- Download the FortiWeb software using the steps in Downloading the FortiWeb-VM software.