- you want to upgrade FortiWeb-VM to a license with a higher vCPU limit
- your original FortiWeb-VM license was an extended (but temporary) evaluation license, and you have now purchased a permanent, paid license
you must upload a new license file.
To replace an evaluation license with a paid license, use Uploading the license.
- Log in to FortiWeb-VM as
adminvia the web UI.
- Go to System > Status > Dashboard.
- Upload the new license. For details, see Uploading the license.
- In the System Information widget, click Shut Down.
- On your management computer, start your central management client, connect and log in to the server that is currently hosting FortiWeb-VM.
- In the pane on the left side, click the name of the virtual appliance, such as FortiWeb-VM.
- Power off the virtual machine.
- Increase the vCPU allocation. For details, see one of the following topics:
The virtual appliance will flush its data to its virtual disk, and prepare to be powered off. If you skip this step and immediately power off FortiWeb-VM, you may lose buffered data.
- Configuring the number of virtual CPUs (vCPUs) (VMware vSphere)
- Configuring the number of virtual CPUs (vCPUs) (Citrix Xen)
- Deploying via Virtual Machine Manager (Xen Project)
- Configuring the number of virtual CPUs (vCPUs) (Hyper-V)
FortiWeb-VM evaluates its current license and discovers that you have allocated an unsupported number of vCPUs, causing the current license to become invalid.