- Take note of the public IP addresses and OCID of the FortiWeb-VMs.
- Log in to OCI. Go to Core Infrastructure > Compute > Instance
- Select the VM instances you have created. Find the public IP address and OCID on Instance Information tab. You will access FortiWeb-VM through this address.
- In a web browser, enter the public IP address of the FortiWeb-VM in your browser and the port number 8080 (HTTP) or 8443 (HTTPS), for example: https://<public_IP>:8443.
The HTTP access to FortiWeb's GUI will be automatically redirected to HTTPS, so if you enter the HTTP port number (e.g. 8080), it will be redirected to the HTTPS port (e.g. 8443).
The default user name is admin. The default password is the OCID.
- Go to System > Status > Status to upload license. You are required to upload license before configuring HA settings.
- Go to System > HA Cluster > HA, configure the HA settings.
- Go to Server Objects > Server > Virtual Server. Click Create New to create a new virtual server.
- Enable Use Interface IP.
- Select port1 for Interface.
- Click OK.
For Active-Passive mode, you must use port1's interface IP, otherwise the load balancer can't work properly.
- Go to Server Objects > Server > Server Pool, add your application servers in the server pool.
- Go to Policy > Server Policy. Click Create New to create a new HTTP policy. In this policy, select the virtual server and the server pool you just created.
For the HTTP Service option, you can use the pre-defined HTTP (TCP 80) or HTTPS (TCP 443) services, or click Create New to create a new one. This value should be same as the PORT number you have entered for the BACKEND SERVER of the load balancer.
|To switch the mode from Active-Passive to Active-Active, make sure to add the former slave node to the Backend Set of the load balancer.|
For more information on HA, Virtual Server, Server Pool, and Server Policy, see FortiWeb Administration Guide.