Applying license to FortiWeb-VM
You can apply multiple licenses to different FortiWeb-VMs at a time. The system automatically chooses any available licenses and apply them to the FortiWeb-VMs you have selected.
Before applying license to FortiWeb-VM, you must have already completed the Route and DNS configurations for the FortiWeb-VM.
To apply license to FortiWeb-VM:
- If you have already imported your licenses, skip this step. If not, click the Import button to import licenses from your local directory to FortiWeb Manager. Repeat this step if you want to import multiple licenses.
- Click the Apply button. The Apply License page will be opened.
- Click the Add button beside Device. The Select Entries window appears at the right side of the page.
- Select the devices to which you want to apply licenses. You can select multiple devices.
Please note that the physical machines are also displayed in this window, but you cannot apply licenses to them. Licenses are only used on FortiWeb-VMs.
- Click the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
The system will apply the available licenses to the selected devices.
The Apply operation may fail under the following situations:
- There isn’t any available license.
- The devices you selected outnumber the available licenses. In this case, the system will apply the licenses to device list from the top to the bottom until the licenses are used out, and then report an error message listing the devices that are not applied with licenses.
- The device already has a valid license. In this case, the system will not apply new license to this device.