- In the Google Cloud marketplace Cloud Launcher, find FortiWeb Web Application Firewall.
- Click LAUNCH ON COMPUTE ENGINE.
- Select the variables as required.
Deployment name Enter the name of the FortiWeb-VM to appear in the Compute Engine portal. Zone Choose the zone to deploy the FortiWeb to. Machine type Choose the instance type required. Boot disk type Leave as-is. Boot disk size in GB Leave as-is. Network name Select the network located in the selected zone. Subnetwork name Select the subnet where the FortiWeb resides. Currently a one-arm setup in one subnet is supported on the Cloud Launcher solution. Firewall
Selected all, or allow at least HTTPS and TCP port 8443 if the strictest security is allowed in your network as the first setup. Change firewall settings as needed later on. Note these are the open ports allowed in Google Cloud to protect incoming access to the FortiWeb instance over the Internet and are not part of FortiWeb firewall features.
- For FortiWeb-VM 602 and later versions, port 80 , 443, 8080, 8443, and 22 are allowed by default. Port 8080 and 8443 are the default ports for accessing FortiWeb's GUI.
- For FortiWeb-VM version 601, port 8080 and 8443 are not allowed by default. You need to access FortiWeb's GUI through port 80 and 443.
Select Ephemeral. You will need to access the FortiWeb management GUI via this public IP address.
Click Deploy. When deployment is done, the screen displays an overview of the FortiWeb including the admin URL, admin user account name and password.