When you onboard application, FortiWeb Cloud checks the IP address of your origin server to get its location, then suggest a FortiWeb Cloud scrubbing center based on the following factors:
- First, we determine if your application server is deployed on AWS, Azure, OCI, or Google Cloud.
- If yes, the scrubbing centers located on the same cloud platform with your application server will be picked out for further screening.
- If no, the scrubbing center located in EU (Frankfurt) or US East (N. Virginia) region on AWS will be suggested for your application, depending on whether your application server is in Europe or the rest of the world.
Among the ones picked out against the first criterion, we then determine whether there is a scrubbing center deployed in the same region with your application server.
- If yes, we will suggest that scrubbing center.
- If no, the following scrubbing centers will be suggested:
For application servers located in Europe EU (Frankfurt)
West Europe (Netherlands)
Germany Central (Frankfurt)
For application servers located in the rest of the world US East (N. Virginia)
East US (Virginia)
Us-east1 (South Carolina)
US East (Ashburn)
If you enable CDN, there will not be a fixed scrubbing center assigned to you. The traffic from your users around the world can be directed to any scrubbing center (depending on whether you have selected a specific continent or Global) which is the closest to them. Be aware that users can't be directed to a cross-platform scrubbing center, for example, if your application server is on AWS, then your users can only be directed to the scrubbing centers on AWS.
With CDN enabled, if your application server is not deployed on the above mentioned cloud platforms, for example, it's deployed in your private on-premise network, then your users will be directed to the AWS regions closest to their locations.
See this article for the regions where FortiWeb Cloud scrubbing centers are deployed.