FortiWeb Cloud has three permissions:
- When an administrator has only read access to a feature, the administrator can access the web UI page for that feature, but cannot make changes to the configuration. An exception is the API Key in Global > Settings . The read-only user is also allowed to create API key.
- Write access is required for modification of any kind.
- None means the administrator can't access the feature.
Role management controls the specific job that each administrator does, such as user account creation, log auditing, or editing configurations of a specific feature. It can limit each administrator account to their assigned role.
To create a role:
- Go to Global > Role Management.
- Click Add Role.
- Enter a role name.
- Enter a brief description for this role.
- Select permissions to access different part of web GUI.
Forthe Application option, you can set a permission which applies to all applications.
Or you can enable Custom Application Permissions to distinguish permissions when accessing different applications. If new application is onboarded in your account, the administrators will by default have Default permission to access it.
Please note the Read-Write permission of Application includes not only the privilege to edit configurations, but also the permission to onboard new applications.
- Click OK.
If you want to modify permission for a role or remove it, click the Edit or Delete icon beside this role.
Use Admin Management to assign roles to administrator accounts.