Creating a department administrator profile and account
After creating a department, you can also create a department FortiVoice administrator profile and account and decide which departments you want this administrator to manage.
To create an admin profile for the department FortiVoice administrator
Go to System > Administrator > Admin Profile.
Enter a descriptive Profile name.
In the Access Control list, go to both Call center settings and Extension and enable the Read-Write privilege.
In the FortiVoice GUI, the department FortiVoice administrator can access the Extension > Extension and Group menus only regardless of the selected privileges in the Access Control list.
To create a department FortiVoice administrator account
- Go to System > Administrator > Administrator.
- Click New.
- Fill in the fields, as necessary. Here are details for the mandatory ones:
- Enter a descriptive Administrator name for this account. The name can contain numbers (0-9), uppercase and lowercase letters (A-Z, a-z), hyphens ( - ), and underscores ( _ ). Other special characters and spaces are not allowed.
- Select the Admin profile.
- Enter the administrator's Email address.
- Add a New password and Confirm password.
- Enable Department only.
- Expand the Departments section.
- Click + and then select one or more departments for the administrator to manage.
- Click Close.
- Click Create.
To log in to the department FortiVoice administrator account
- Log in to the department FortiVoice administrator account using the name and password associated with the account.
- FortiVoice displays the Extension and Group menus that the department FortiVoice administrator account can manage.
Here is an example:
For more details about Extension and Group menus, see the Configuring extensions section in the FortiVoice Phone System Administration Guide.