- Go to Call Feature > Conferencing > User Conferencing and click Enabled.
- Set Number to the extension number that is mapped to the external number that callers can use to dial to join the conference call.
- Under Users, click New to add extensions users who have the privilege to organize conference calls.
- Select the User from the drop-down list.
- For Conference ID, enter a code or generate one by clicking Generate.
- Select OK, and select Apply to finish the User Conferencing configuration.
Access the FortiVoice user portal to schedule a user conference and invite attendees.
- Open a web browser and go to
where <IP_address_or_FQDN> is the IP address or the FQDN of the FortiVoice phone system.
If the FortiVoice system administrator has changed the access port, then you must also include the port, for example:
- Log in as the user that has been added to the list of extensions.
- After you are logged in, click on the calendar.
- Select Conference and then click New or the date you wish to schedule the conference for.
- Fill in details for this meeting.
- Make note of the Attendee PIN. Attendees invited to the conference call will need this PIN.
- Make note of the Organizer PIN. You will need this PIN to start the meeting.
- In Attendee, click Add Attendee.
- Enter the Email address of the attendee you wish to invite to the conference call, with an optional Display name. Click Create.
- Add any additional attendees you wish to invite.
- To finish the scheduling of the conference call, click OK.
The Conference option is available to extensions that have been added to the extension list that allows conference scheduling.
A new window opens to a calendar view, where the user can schedule upcoming conference calls.
Upon clicking OK, all invited attendees will receive an email invitation to the conference call, with all the relevant information they need to attend the conference call.
As an administrator, you can view upcoming conferences.
- Go to Call Feature > Conferencing > User Conferencing.
- Click View Scheduled Conferences.