The FortiVoice user portal only shows the Programmable Key menu, if you are using a FortiFone device that supports programmable keys.
The Programmable Key menu allows you to program phone keys for specific functions and easier call control.
Your FortiVoice system administrator can define keys as admin-assigned (Phone System > Profile > Programmable Keys). You cannot customize these keys. However, your FortiVoice system administrator can also define other keys as user-assigned, allowing you to program them yourself from the user portal.
Keys 1 and 2 are reserved by default and you cannot edit them. Your FortiVoice system administrator may choose to reserve up to the first four lines.
- Go to Device > Programmable Key.
- For each User Assigned key, complete the following fields:
- In Function, select the type of action to occur when you press the programmable key.
- In Resource, select the result of the selected function. For example, if you select Extension appearance as the function, then you can choose which extension to monitor as the resource.
- In Label, enter a name that will appear beside the programmable key on the FortiFone device.
- Click OK.
In the list, you can see which keys are reserved, admin-assigned, and user-assigned.
In the following example, the user has one Page of keys. Lines 1 and 2 are designated as Reserved. The remaining keys are designated as User Assigned. If necessary, contact your administrator to get more user assigned keys, which would then be configured under Page 2 and Page 3.