To have access to the Operator console, the FortiVoice system administrator must update the user privilege profile assigned to your extension to enable the operator role (Phone System > Profile > User Privilege).
To manage the status of hotel rooms, the FortiVoice system administrator must update the user privilege profile assigned to your extension to enable the hotel room option under the operator role.
In the Operator console, you can perform the following tasks:
- Process phone calls on the web as your organization’s phone operator.
- Manage the status of hotel rooms.
To open the Operator console, go to the top of the user portal window and click Operator console .
When an active call appears in the Active Call widget, you can select the call and click one of the following icons:
- Pick up the call
- Hang up the call
- Transfer the call by dragging and dropping it to an extension (or the voicemail of an extension) in Idle, In Use, Busy, Ringing, or On Hold status in the Directory widget.
- Park the call
- Hold the call
In the Active Call widget, you can filter the calls by category, direction, and status. The Call filter has the following options:
- All: Displays all phone calls.
- Short: Displays ringing calls and calls to and from the operator extension.
- Mine: Displays calls to and from the operator extension.
If you need to make a call as your organization’s phone operator using the operator console, then you can do one of the following actions:
- Right-click an extension from the Directory widget and click Call.
- Click Call and either enter or select an extension to call.
The Active Call widget shows the extension that you are calling.
Here is how the Parked Call widget works:
- An extension parks a call on the system.
- The call appears in the Parked Call widget of the operator console.
- In the list of the Parked Call widget, one of the users of the operator console can then select the call, and click Unpark. The phone of that operator console user rings with the parked call.
- To refresh the list of parked call, click Refresh .
The Directory widget lists the extensions for your organization. You can filter the extensions by user, group, conference, location, and type.
Prior to accessing the Room Status widget, make sure that the FortiVoice system administrator performs the following tasks on the FortiVoice phone system:
The Room Status widget shows the hotel room status which is related to the information available or updated on the FortiVoice phone system under Hotel Management > Room Status.
The Room Status widget uses dots with the following colors:
- Red - Shows that the status is disabled.
- Green - Shows that the status is enabled.
If the Room Status widget is not visible, then perform this procedure to show this widget:
- Click Setting.
- Go to Add Content > Room Status.
- Go to the row of the room that you want to edit.
- In the first column, select the check box.
- Click Edit.
- Edit the settings, as required.
- Click OK.
- Go to the row for the room that wants a wake up call.
- In the Wake Up column, click wake up .
- To create a new wake up call, click New.
To edit a wake up call, locate and expand the date in the Agenda list, and click on the wake up entry.
- Edit the fields, as required.
- Click Create or OK, as applicable.