Adding a PRI gateway (not auto-discovered)
Perform this procedure to add a PRI gateway to the FortiVoice phone system in cases such as in the following examples:
- You are preconfiguring the FortiVoice phone system before deploying the PRI gateway.
- You are setting up the FortiVoice phone system and locating the PRI gateway on a VPN. Therefore, the devices are not on the same LAN.
- Connect to the web-based manager of the FortiVoice phone system.
- Go to Managed System > Gateway, and then click the PRI Gateway tab.
- Click New.
- Configure the following settings:
Enter a unique name for the PRI gateway.
Select to activate the configuration of the PRI gateway.
Not required. You can leave this field empty.
Enter the hostname or IP address or hostname of the PRI gateway.
If the PRI gateway is configured to use a non-default HTTPS port, then add :<port number> after the IP address. For example, 192.168.1.21:4430.
Get Device Information:
- Before you click this button, make sure to enter the required information in the Admin user name and Admin password fields below.
- Click this button to poll the PRI gateway to get the serial number and the MAC address of the gateway. This action can confirm that the systems can communicate and that the password is valid.
Connect Device: This procedure does not use this button. With this button, you would access the FortiVoice Gateway web-based manager in a separate tab in your web browser.
Admin user name
Enter the user name of the administrator account used for logging in to the PRI gateway.
The default is admin.
Enter the password associated with the Admin user name.
To show the password, click the eye icon .
The default is no password.
The serial number of the PRI gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system.
The type of gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system.
The MAC address of the PRI gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system.
Optionally, add any applicable notes for this PRI gateway.
- Click Create.
The FortiVoice phone system creates a PRI trunk and one span (for FortiVoice Gateway GT01) or two spans (for FortiVoice Gateway GT02).
- Reload your web-browser to make sure that the web-based manager displays the latest changes.
- To review trunk details, go to Trunk > Gateway.
- In the list, find the newly added gateway.
- Verify that the Status column displays In service.
- Double-click the newly added PRI gateway.
- In the Edit span field, click Edit .
- Make sure that the Advanced Options are set to your service provider specifications.
- For a FortiVoice Gateway GT02, repeat steps 11 and 12 for span 2.
You have completed this procedure
- Go to Applying the PRI gateway configuration.