The FortiVoice system provides a user portal where phone users can view their call logs, configure and manage their own messaging, and access other features.
This section contains information that you may need to inform or assist your phone users so that they can use the FortiVoice features.
This information is not the same as what is included in the help for FortiVoice user portal. It is included in this guide because:
- Phone users need to know how to access the FortiVoice user portal and its online help.
- Phone users need to know the feature codes they can use on the phones.
- Phone users need to know how to change the voicemail password on the FortiVoice user portal and on the phone.
- Phone users may be confused if they try to enable a feature that you disabled (such as call waiting or do not disturb).
- You may need to tailor some information to your network or phone users.
This topic includes:
- Accessing the user portal
- Changing the user PIN
- Receiving and sending fax
- Using the operator console
- Setting user privileges and preferences
- Setting the feature codes
- FortiVoice user portal is a special website located on a FortiVoice unit. This FortiVoice user portal allows a phone user to:
- Check your voicemail including playing, deleting, or saving the voicemails.
- Receive and send fax.
- Use the agent console to manage queue calls.
- Use the operator console to process company calls.
- Check your call record for received, placed, or missed calls.
- Check your recorded calls including playing, deleting, or saving the voicemails.
- View your corporate phone directory.
- Check the feature codes that you can dial on your phone keypad.
- Configure your extension according to your preferences.
- Manage calls.
- Configure phone profiles.
- Customize sound files.
Several modern, popular web browsers are supported, so you can use FortiVoice user portal through the web browser of your choice.
For the phone user to access the FortiVoice user portal, you need to inform the phone user of:
- FortiVoice user portal URL (same with that of the FortiVoice unit except without
/adminin the end)
- user extension number
- default user PIN
With this information, a user can enter the URL in the browser’s location or address bar. The user can then log into the portal using the extension number as user name and the user PIN as password.
Once they access the FortiVoice user portal, phone users can click the Help button to learn how to use the portal.
For information on adding extension numbers and user PINs, see Configuring IP extensions.
Inform the phone users how to change the default user PIN on the phone. The information for changing the user PIN on the FortiVoice user portal is in the online help of the portal.
Inform the phone users that they can receive and send faxes on the user portal. For more information, see Configuring fax.
If you have enabled the operator role for an extension, inform the extension user so that the user can process corporate calls on the user portal. For more information, see Operator Role.
The call features each phone user can use is controlled by the user privilege and preferences Setting associated with the user’s extension. You may need to inform users of the features that they can use.
By default, the FortiVoice unit has feature codes for users to access certain features by dialing the codes. You can go to Service > Feature Code > Feature Code and double-click a feature name to modify its code and description, but that does not change the mapping between the code and the feature.
For details, see Modifying feature access codes.