Adding an FXS gateway (not auto-discovered)
Perform this procedure to add an FXS gateway to the FortiVoice phone system in cases such as in the following examples:
- You are preconfiguring the FortiVoice phone system before deploying the FXS gateway.
- You are setting up the FortiVoice phone system and locating the FXS gateway on a VPN. Therefore, the devices are not on the same LAN.
- Connect to the web-based manager of the FortiVoice phone system.
- Go to Managed System > Gateway, and then click the FXS Gateway tab.
- Click New.
- Configure the following settings:
Enter a unique name to identify the FXS gateway.
Select to activate the configuration of the FXS gateway.
Not required. You can leave this field empty.
Enter the hostname or IP address of the FXS gateway.
If the FXS gateway is configured to use a non-default HTTPS port, then add
:<port number>after the IP address. For example,
Get Device Information:
- Before you click this button, make sure to enter the required information in the Admin user name and Admin password fields below.
- Click this button to poll the FXS gateway to get the serial number and the MAC address of the gateway. This action can confirm that the systems can communicate and that the password is valid.
Connect Device: This procedure does not use this button (with this button, you would access the FortiVoice Gateway web-based manager in a separate tab in your web browser).
Admin user name
Enter the user name of the administrator account used for logging in to the FXS gateway.
The default is admin.
Enter the password associated with the Admin user name.
To show the password, click the eye icon .
The default is no password.
The serial number of the FXS gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system.
The type of gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system.
The MAC address of the FXS gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system.
The FortiVoice LSG solution can support a FortiVoice FXS gateway at a branch office.
To link this FXS gateway with a survivability branch, select that branch from the list.
For details about deploying a FortiVoice LSG unit, see the FortiVoice Local Survivable Gateway Deployment Guide.
Optionally, add any applicable notes for this FXS gateway.
- Click Create.
The FortiVoice phone system creates 16 default managed extensions from 7801 to 7816 for your first FXS gateway. With any subsequent FXS gateway addition, the FortiVoice phone system continues to add a range of 16 extensions to the existing managed extension list. For example, the FortiVoice phone system adds extensions 7817 to 7832 for the second FXS gateway.
If the FortiVoice phone system already has an extension that is included in the range of default managed extensions to be created, the numbering of new extensions will account for the existing extension. For example, the FortiVoice phone system has extension 7812. With the addition of the first FXS gateway, the FortiVoice phone system would create 16 managed extensions from 7801 to 7817 (not 7816).
To access the extension list, go to Extension > Extension, and then click Managed Extension.
- Go to Applying the FXS gateway configuration.