- Go to Phone System > Setting > Location.
- Select the appropriate Country/Region (in this example, Canada).
Take note of the Outside line prefix. Internal callers will need to append this prefix to the configured emergency number (in this example, 9 911).
- Configure the Emergency number and Outside line prefix. Check with your PSTN service provider for the appropriate area code. Configure the remaining settings as required.
- Under Emergency Setting, select Send Alert Email and enter Emergency contact emails as necessary.
- Click Apply when finished.
The email addresses specified here will receive an alert email any time an emergency call is made, including the location of the caller and the time of the call.