Configuring call handling with schedules
When you have schedules ready to use, they can be added to the call handling of any of the FortiVoice features. As the configuration for adding a schedule is the same for all features, one call handling example will be used for inbound calls.
In this example the schedules will be put in a specific order as the FortiVoice checks schedules in the list from first to last. The order of the schedules will be:
- Custom_holiday: Checked first to see if the calls are coming in during a scheduled holiday.
- Custom_business: Checked second to ensure the call is coming in during scheduled business hours.
- Any_time: Checked last to handle any calls that fall outside of the business hours.
To configure inbound call handling with a schedule:
- Go to Call Routing > Inbound > Inbound.
- Select your inbound call routing rule and click Edit.
- Under Call Handling click New.
- Set Schedule to the holiday schedule, and set an appropriate Action to perform on holidays. Click Create.
- Click New to create a second Call Handling action.
- Set Schedule to the business schedule, and set an appropriate Action to perform during business hours. Click Create.
- Click New to create a third Call Handling action.
- Set Schedule to the default any_time schedule, and set an appropriate Action to perform outside of business hours. Click Create.
- Click OK to finish the inbound dial plan configuration.