- Go to Call Feature > Call Recording > Policy and click New.
- Enter a Name and click Enable.
- Set Description to the category of calls you want to record from the drop-down menu. Call recordings are initiated by phone number (either phone calls from or to a number matching the pattern specified), department, group, trunk, or queue.
- Set Record ratio to the amount of calls that you want to be recorded, represented as a percentage.
- Set Retention duration to the number of days you want the FortiVoice unit to keep the recordings.
- Set File name format to a predefined format that you want recorded call files to be generated as.
- Click Create.
- Go to Call Feature > Call Recording > Setting and select a compression recording bit rate. For higher quality calls, click Standard (128 Kbps), or for when audio quality is not so important, click Low Rate (13 Kbps).
- Click Apply.
Note that if you select either By Phone Number or By Queue, calls can be recorded bidirectionally (both incoming and outgoing). A recording policy that is set to record by either department, group, or trunk will record all calls associated with that department, group, or trunk.
Note that all recorded calls can be found on the FortiVoice unit under Monitor > Storage > Recorded Call.