Configuring call handling
After establishing skill-based routing, configure call handling for virtual numbers. Skill-based call handling helps to associate (tag) an incoming call with a specific skill set to distributed a call among agents with that specific skill set. Two actions need to be defined: one to tag the call with a skill to process the call as a skill-based call, and a second to route the call to the queue where the agents with configured skill levels are assigned the appropriate calls.
- Go to Extension > Virtual Number > Virtual Number and click New.
- Enter a Name and an unassigned Number.
- Under Call Handling, click New.
- Set an appropriate Schedule, and set Action to Call Queue Skill Tag.
- Click OK.
- Click New again.
- Set the Schedule, and set Action to Call Queue.
- Assign the newly created Call queue from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK. Your virtual number call handling should look similar to the example below.
- Click Create.