This section includes the following topics for the configuration of settings on the FortiVoice LSG unit at the branch office:
- Editing a network interface
- Creating a static route
- Configuring DNS servers
- Creating an additional administrator account (optional)
- Creating an outbound call route for failover scenarios
Use this procedure to edit a physical network interface of a FortiVoice LSG unit to change their IP addresses, netmasks, administrative access protocols, and other settings.
- In the FortiVoice LSG web-based manager, go to System > Network.
The Network tab displays the following default ports:
Port 1 has a default IP address and netmask set to 192.168.1.99/24.
Port 2 has a default IP address set to 192.168.2.99/24.
- Double-click a network interface that you want to use to set the IP address of the FortiVoice LSG unit.
- In IP/Netmask, edit the IP address and netmask of the interface.
- In Advanced Setting, update the Access list. Make sure to enable the protocols that you want the network interface to use to accept connections to the FortiVoice LSG unit.
- In Administrative status, make sure that Up is selected for the network interface to be available to receive traffic.
- Click OK.
Use this procedure to create a static route.
- In the FortiVoice LSG web-based manager, go to System > Network and click the Routing tab.
- Click New.
- In Destination IP/Netmask, enter the destination IP address and netmask of packets subject to this static route. To create a default route that matched all destination IP address, enter 0.0.0.0/0.
- In Interface, enter the interface that this route applies to.
- In Gateway, enter the IP address of the router.
- Click OK.
A FortiVoice LSG unit requires domain name system (DNS) servers for features such as reverse DNS lookups. In this procedure, you can use IP addresses supplied by your internet service provider (ISP) or from your own DNS servers.
- In the FortiVoice LSG web-based manager, go to System > Network and click the DNS tab.
- In Primary DNS server, enter the IP address of the primary DNS server.
- In Secondary DNS server, enter the IP address of the secondary DNS server.
- Click Apply.
Optionally, perform this procedure to create an additional administrator account with restricted permissions. By default, a FortiVoice LSG unit has a single administrator account called admin.
- In the FortiVoice LSG unit web-based manager, go to System > Administrator, and click the Administrator tab.
- To add an account, click New.
- For details about the GUI fields, see the Configuring administrator accounts section in the FortiVoice Phone System Administration Guide.
If you enable the Central trunk fallback to branch feature on the main office unit, the main office sends an error code to the branch office when the main office trunk is down. The branch office can then locally handle calls. If you need to create an outbound call route on the branch office unit to handle this failover scenario, make sure that this route matches the route configured at the main office as defined in the Dialed Number Match section (Call Routing > Outbound).
To create an outbound call route on the branch office unit to handle this failover scenario, perform the following steps:
- In the FortiVoice LSG web-based manager, go to Call Routing > Outbound.
- Click New.
- For details about the GUI fields, see the Configuring outbound dial plans section in the FortiVoice Phone System Administration Guide.
You have completed the procedures for configuring administrator and network settings. Continue with Upgrading the FortiVoice LSG firmware.