When you have schedules ready to use, they can be added to the call handling of any of the FortiVoice features. As the configuration for adding a schedule is the same for all features, one call handling example will be used for inbound calls.
In this example the schedules will be put in a specific order as the FortiVoice checks schedules in the list from first to last. The order of the schedules will be:
- Custom_holiday: Checked first to see if the calls are coming in during a scheduled holiday.
- Custom_business: Checked second to ensure the call is coming in during scheduled business hours.
- Any_time: Checked last to handle any calls that fall outside of the business hours.
To configure inbound call handling with a schedule:
- Go to Call Routing > Inbound > Inbound.
- Select your inbound call routing rule and click Edit.
- Under Call Handling click New.
- Set Schedule to the holiday schedule, and set an appropriate Action to perform on holidays. Click Create.
- Click New to create a second Call Handling action.
- Set Schedule to the business schedule, and set an appropriate Action to perform during business hours. Click Create.
- Click New to create a third Call Handling action.
- Set Schedule to the default any_time schedule, and set an appropriate Action to perform outside of business hours. Click Create.
- Click OK to finish the inbound dial plan configuration.