Displaying the high availability status
Use this procedure to display the high availability (HA) status of a FortiVoice unit.
- Go to System > High Availability > Status.
- You can review the following settings:
- Refresh section lets you set a timer for how often you want this page to check for a status update automatically. To manually refresh this page, click Refresh.
Mode Status lets you know what the configured mode is and the mode that it is currently using.
- Configured Operating Mode is the mode that you have programmed the unit to act as with the Configuration tab (either as primary or secondary).
Effective Operating Mode can display one of the following modes:
- Master shows that the unit is acting as the primary.
- Slave shows that the unit is acting as the secondary.
- Failed shows that the service or network interface monitoring has detected a failure and the diagnostic connection is currently determining whether the problem has been corrected or a failover is required.
- Off is a mode used by both units. For a primary unit, this mode indicates that the service or interface monitoring has detected a failure, taken the primary unit offline, and triggered a failover. For a secondary unit, this mode indicates that the synchronization has failed once; a subsequent failure will trigger a failover.
Daemon status is only available on the secondary unit. The following updates are available:
- Monitor shows when the secondary unit will check the primary unit to make sure that it is still active. If the system detects any errors, this section will show how many errors were detected.
- Configuration shows the last time the configuration was updated from the primary unit to the secondary unit.
- Data shows the last time the data was synchronized between the primary and secondary units. The Configuration and Data section may display different times. This is normal. Synchronizing data can take longer to complete.
- Database shows the database status such as Checking Status, Stopped, Running (in sync), and Syncing Data.
- Click HERE to Start a Configuration/Data Sync: For details about this action, see Synchronizing configuration and data in a FortiVoice HA group.
- Click HERE to Restore Configured Operating Mode: If a failover is triggered and the issue has been resolved, you can click this link to tell the unit that it can resume the mode it was originally configured to be.
- Click HERE to Switch to SLAVE Mode: This action is available on the primary unit only. If you want to change the mode of operation of the primary unit to secondary, click the link.
- Click HERE to Switch to MASTER Mode: This action is available on the secondary unit only. If you want to change the mode of operation of the secondary unit to primary, click the link.