Managing FortiFone firmware upgrades
This cookbook recipe guides you through the process of upgrading FortiFone firmware using FortiVoice 6.0. It details how to review current FortiFone firmware, upload new firmware files, schedule firmware upgrade jobs, and confirm firmware upgrades.
Prior to deploying FortiFone firmware upgrades, ensure:
- network connectivity is available between the target FortiFone devices and the FortiVoice unit.
- that you have downloaded the latest FortiFone firmware files from the Fortinet Support website.
Review current FortiFone firmware
Before updating FortiFone firmware, you can review the firmware currently installed on all FortiFone devices connected to the network.
- From the FortiVoice UI, navigate to Managed System > Firmware.
- In the FortiFone Firmware tab, click Statistics.
The Firmware Upgrade Status window opens listing the phone model and firmware version details of phones currently connected to the network. The Phone Number column provides the number of phones in each particular grouping.
- When you are finished reviewing the status of the phones, click Close.
Upload FortiFone firmware to FortiVoice
- In the FortiFone Firmware tab, click Upload.
The FortiFone Firmware Upload window opens.
- For Phone model, select the phone type that will be the target of the firmware upgrade.
- For Firmware file, click Select. Select the firmware file for the selected FortiFone model and click Open.
The firmware file uploads to FortiVoice.
- In the Firmware version field, type the firmware version number.
- In the Comments field, provide a comment if necessary.
- Click OK.
The uploaded firmware file appears in the list of FortiFone Firmware files.
Schedule firmware upgrade
- From the Upgrade schedule drop-down list, select a time period for the firmware upgrade to take place.
- From the list of FortiFone firmware files, select the firmware file to schedule for upgrade.
- Click Action, then click Schedule Upgrade.
A warning appears asking if you would like to continue with the firmware upgrade.
- Click OK.
The firmware upgrade is scheduled to run.
You can edit the phone firmware upgrade schedule options or create your own. To do this, go to System > Advanced > Auto Provisioning.
Confirm the firmware upgrade
- To confirm that the firmware has been successfully installed on targeted FortiFone devices, from the FortiFone Firmware tab, click Statistics.
The Firmware Upgrade Status window opens. Review the firmware version of applicable phone models to confirm that the new firmware is installed.
- If necessary, click Refresh to view updates.
- Click Close.
- The scheduled firmware upgrade can be disabled after the firmware upgrade process is complete. From the list of FortiFone firmware files, select the firmware file that you want to disable scheduling for.
- Click Action, then click Disable Upgrade.
The firmware upgrade is disabled.