You can use FortiTester's web UI to upgrade the firmware image.
Before you begin:
- Back up your configuration (From the GUI, click System > Reset/Backup/Restore > Backup).
Record the current version your system is running before upgrade. This can be found in GUI > Dashboard, or from CLI "get system status".
- Download the image file from the Fortinet support website.
- Read the Release Notes for the version you plan to install.
- Upgrade the firmware from the System page.
Note: If you are using the Test Center feature, Test Center Clients will be disconnected during the upgrade, and must be reconnected after the upgrade is completed.
Note that CLI is the only way to upgrade FortiTester--2000D from any pre-2.7.0 version. The Web UI does not support this upgrade. Connect to the CLI through a terminal emulator such as Putty using the following steps:
- Start a terminal emulation program on the management computer, select the COM port, and set the baud rate as 9600.
- Press Enter on your keyboard to connect to the CLI.
- Login with the username - admin and its password.
- Reboot the system using command
Fto format the boot device.
Gto download the image from the TFTP server mentioned in "Before you begin". You will be required to specify IP addresses of the TFTP server and the FortiTester appliance (management port). Make sure that both of the IP addresses are in the same subnet.
Dto save the image file as "Default firmware" for upgrading.
- System starts rebooting. During the rebooting process, the system will take 2~3 minutes to replace the firmware on the active partition ( the message "Reading boot image ... bytes." appears). Please be patient while the system is rebooting.
- After reboot, IP address of the management port is set to a default of 192.168.1.99. It can be changed through the following commands:
FAD15D3114000001 # config system interface
FAD15D3114000001 (interface) # edit mgmt
FAD15D3114000001 (mgmt) # set ip <IP_Address> <Netmask>
FAD15D3114000001 (mgmt) # end
- Firmware upgrade is completed. Access the Web UI through the management port. You might need to refresh the Web UI pages by pressing Ctrl+F5.
FortiTester v7.0 does not support downgrading to previous releases. Users have the option of backup configuration and tests cases before upgrading, or restoring older firmware and configuration if necessary.
Note: If the user wants to upgrade to 7.0.0, it's best to come from version 4.x. Users with versions before 4.x should first upgrade to 4.x, before upgrading to 7.0.0