Administrative, or admin, accounts allow access to various aspects of the FortiSwitch configuration. The level of access is determined by the admin profile that is assigned to the admin account.
See Admin for the steps to create an admin profile.
TACACS+ is a remote authentication protocol that provides access control for routers, network access servers, and other network computing devices using one or more centralized servers. If you have configured TACACS+ support and an administrator is required to authenticate using a TACACS+ server, the FortiSwitch unit contacts the TACACS+ server for authentication.
Using the GUI:
- Go to System > Admin > Administrators and select Add Administrator.
- Give the administrator account an appropriate name.
- Select Remote for the administrator type.
- Select a user group for remote users.
- Enable Wildcard.
- Select an administrator profile.
- Select Add.
Using the CLI:
config system admin
set remote-auth enable
set wildcard enable
set remote-group <group>
set accprofile <profile>