You can set preferences for saving configuration files:
- Go to System > Config > Backup.
- Select one of the Configuration Save options:
- Automatically Save—The system automatically saves the configuration after each change.
- Manually Save—You must manually save configuration changes from the Backup link on the System > Dashboard.
Manually Save and Revert Upon Timeout—You must manually save configuration changes. The system reverts to the saved configuration after a timeout. You can set the timeout using the CLI:
config system global
set cfg-revert-timeout <integer>
- If you select Revision Backup on Logout, the FortiSwitch unit creates a configuration file each time a user logs out.
- If you select Revision Backup on Upgrade, the FortiSwitch unit creates a configuration file before starting a system upgrade.
- Select Update.