The following list contains new managed FortiSwitch features added in FortiOS 6.4.3. Click on a link to navigate to that section for further information.
- You can now configure the
lldp-profilesettings for a virtual switch port in a tenant VDOM. See Configuring LLDP-MED settings.
- FortiLink and switch controller logs are now available in the FortiSwitch Events category in the Log & Report > Events page.
- The Diagnostics and Tools form now includes a Logs button, which provides logs for that FortiSwitch unit. See Diagnostics and tools.
- When the RADIUS server cannot be reached for 802.1x authentication, the device trying to authenticate is placed into a RADIUS timeout VLAN after the authentication server timeout period expires. See Define an 802.1x security policy.
- Flow control and ingress pause metering are now supported on managed FortiSwitch units. Pause metering allows the FortiSwitch unit to apply flow control to ingress traffic when the queue is congested and to resume after the queue is cleared. See Configuring flow control and ingress pause metering.
- You can now configure a FortiLink-over-layer-3 network to use the FortiLink interface as the source IP address for the communication between the FortiGate unit and the FortiSwitch unit. The FortiOS default of using the outbound interface as the source IP address is still available. See FortiLink mode over a layer-3 network.
- Starting in FortiOS 6.4.3, IoT detection can be also managed per FortiLink interface. IoT detection is disabled by default on the FortiLink interface. Use the FortiOS CLI or GUI to enable IoT detection on the FortiLink interface so that the FortiSwitch unit starts scanning for IoT devices. See Configuring IoT detection.