You can create a zero-touch configuration using switch tags, FortiSwitch serial numbers, or a single FortiSwitch model. Zero-touch configurations are run on a scheduled date and time or when FortiSwitch units are deployed in FortiSwitch Cloud. You can apply CLI commands, update the firmware, or both.
- Go to Configuration > Zero Touch Configurations.
- Select Add.
- Select Tags, Switches, or Model.
- If you select Tags, select one or more switch tags to apply the zero-touch configuration to.
- If you select Switches, select one or more FortiSwitch units.
NOTE: Do not include the same switch or switches in both a zero-touch configuration and a scheduled upgrade.
- If you select Model, select a FortiSwitch model to apply the zero-touch configuration to.
- Select when the firmware upgrade and configuration are applied.
- If you select New device (First seen), the firmware is upgraded and the configuration applied when FortiSwitch units are deployed in FortiSwitch Cloud.
- If you select Scheduled date and time, select the date and time for the firmware to be upgraded and the configuration applied .
- If you want to change the firmware version, select the firmware image to apply.
Only available firmware images are listed.
- Enter the CLI commands to apply to the selected FortiSwitch model.
NOTE: You can enter 250 kB of CLI commands.
Refer to the FortiSwitchOS CLI Reference for available commands.
- Enter a description of the zero-touch configuration.
- If you want to exclude one of more FortiSwitch unit of the selected model, enter the serial numbers, separated by a comma.
- Select Save.
The zero-touch configuration is listed on the Zero-Touch Configurations pane.