We recommend performing the following tasks to prepare for a successful FortiSOAR upgrade:
To prepare for upgrading FortiSOAR (summary):
- Take a VM snapshot of your current system. Only after you have taken a VM snapshot of your system should you attempt to upgrade FortiSOAR. In case of any failures, these VM snapshots will allow you to revert to the latest working state. Follow the steps mentioned in the documentation of your platform for taking a snapshot and reverting to the current snapshot.
- Ensure that the playbook appliance has '
Create' and '
Read' permissions on the
Widgetsmodule. Playbook appliance is used to install the widgets required by the war room, and if the permissions to the Widgets are not assigned; the required war room widgets will fail to install.
- Take a backup of your FortiSOAR Built-in connectors' (SSH, IMAP, Database, Utilities, etc.) configuration, since the configuration of your FortiSOAR Built-in connectors might be reset, if there are changes to the configuration parameters across versions.
- Ensure that the
sshsession does not timeout by entering into the
screenmode. For more information on how to handle session timeouts, see the Handle session timeouts while running the FortiSOAR upgrade article present in the Fortinet Knowledge Base.
- Ensure that update.cybersponse.com is reachable from your VM. If you are connecting using a proxy, then ensure that proxy details set are correct using the
csadm network list-proxycommand and also ensure that
update.cybersponse.comis allowed in your proxy. For more information on
csadmCLI, see the FortiSOAR Admin CLI chapter in the "Administration Guide."
- Ensure that you have reviewed the Special Notices chapter in the "Release Notes", so that you are aware of operational and breaking changes made in version 7.0.2.
Once you have upgraded FortiSOAR, ensure that you have installed MP3 for ElasticSearch to work. This is required as by default ElasticSearch 7.17.0 is installed and these relevant changes are part of MP3. For more details on MP, see the FortiSOAR Maintenance Packs document.