We recommend performing the following tasks to prepare for a successful FortiSOAR upgrade:
To prepare for upgrading FortiSOAR (summary):
- Ensure that you can connect to https://globalupdate.fortinet.net, else the license deployment will fail. You can yet choose to upgrade your instance without connectivity to https://globalupdate.fortinet.net, however, your license will not be deployed. Connectivity to this address is required for fetching the license entitlements and product functioning post-upgrade.
- Take a VM snapshot of your current system. Only after you have taken a VM snapshot of your system should you attempt to upgrade FortiSOAR. In case of any failures, these VM snapshots will allow you to revert to the latest working state. Follow the steps mentioned in the documentation of your platform for taking a snapshot and reverting to the current snapshot.
- Take a backup of your FortiSOAR Built-in connectors' (SSH, IMAP, Database, Utilities, etc.) configuration, since the configuration of your FortiSOAR Built-in connectors might be reset, if there are changes to the configuration parameters across versions.
- Ensure that the
sshsession does not timeout by entering into the
screenmode. For more information on how to handle session timeouts, see the Handle session timeouts while running the FortiSOAR upgrade article present in the Fortinet Knowledge Base.
- Ensure that update.cybersponse.com is reachable from your VM. If you are connecting using a proxy, then ensure that proxy details set are correct using the
csadm network --listproxycommand and also ensure that
update.cybersponse.comis allowed in your proxy. For more information on
csadmCLI, see the FortiSOAR Admin CLI chapter in the "Administration Guide."
- Ensure that you also check for latest Maintenance Packs for the FortiSOAR version to which you want to upgrade. For more information on Maintenance Packs, see the FortiSOAR Documentation Library.