- What is Discovered and Monitored
- Event Types
- Sample Events for Salesforce Audit
|Protocol||Logs Collected||Used For|
|Salesforce API||Successful/Failed Login, API Query Activity, Dashboard Activity, Opportunity Activity, Report Export Activity, Report Activity, Document Download Activity||Security Monitoring|
In ADMIN > Device Support > Event Types, search for "Salesforce Audit" in the Search field to see the event types associated with this device.
There are many reports defined in RESOURCES > Reports > Device > Application > CRM
- Salesforce Failed Logon Activity
- Salesforce Successful Logon Activity
- Top Browsers By Failed Login Count
- Top Browsers By Successful Login Count
- Top Salesforce Users By Failed Login Count
- Top Salesforce Users By Successful Login Count
- Top Successful Salesforce REST API Queries By Count, Run Time
- Top Failed Salesforce Failed REST API Queries By Count, Run Time
- Top Salesforce API Queries By Count, Run Time
- Top Salesforce Apex Executions By Count, Run Time
- Top Salesforce Dashboards Views By Count
- Top Salesforce Document Downloads By Count
- Top Salesforce Opportunity Reports By Count
- Top Salesforce Report Exports By Count
- Top Salesforce Reports By Count, Run Time
- Top Salesforce Events
Salesforce saves events in a SQL Database, where FortiSIEM will pull the following events from tables: EventLogFile, LoginHistory,User, Dashboard, Opportunity, Report through SQL commands.
If you get an error about missing columns, please make sure your administrator has enabled Set History Tracking for the missing columns in the tables.
For more information on how to enable Set History Tracking, please refer to https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sf.updating_picklists.htm&type=5
The required columns are listed in this table.
|EventLogFile||Id, EventType, LogFile, LogDate, LogFileLength, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedDate|
|LoginHistory||Id, UserId, LoginTime, Browser, Platform, Status, SourceIp, LoginTime , LoginTime|
|Dashboard||Id, Description, DeveloperName, FolderName, Title, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedDate LastModifiedDate|
|Opportunity||Id, Amount, CloseDate, Name, OwnerId, Type, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedDate|
For example, if Type in Opportunity is not enabled in Set History Tracking, FortiSIEM will fail to get events in Opportunity.
Complete these steps in the FortiSIEM UI by first logging in to the FortiSIEM Supervisor node.
- Go to the ADMIN > Setup > Credentials tab.
- In Step 1: Enter Credentials:
- Follow the instructions in “Setting Credentials“ in the User's Guide to create a new credential.
- Enter these settings in the Access Method Definition dialog box and click Save:
Settings Description Name Enter a name for the credential Device Type Salesforce Salesforce Audit Access Protocol Salesforce API Pull Interval 5 minutes Timeout 30 seconds
User name for device access
Password for device access
Security Token Security token Description Description of the device.
From the FortiSIEM Supervisor node, take the following steps (From ADMIN > Setup > Credentials).
- In Step 2: Enter IP Range to Credential Associations, click New.
- Enter "login.salesforce.com" in the IP/Host Name field.
- Select the name of the credential created in the "Define Salesforce Audit Credential in FortiSIEM" from the Credentials drop-down list.
- Click Save.
- Select the entry just created and click the Test drop-down list and select Test Connectivity without Ping. A pop up will appear and show the Test Connectivity results.
- Go to ADMIN > Setup > Pull Events and make sure an entry is created for Salesforce Audit Log Collection.