You must create a loopback interface on the FortiGate hub. The configuration uses the loopback interface to establish BGP peering with the FortiSASE security points of presence (PoP) to dynamically learn routes to your environment and provide a health check target for the performance SLA on the FortiSASE security PoPs.
The following settings are only examples. Do not consider them as recommended settings.
- Go to Network > Interfaces.
- Click Create New > Interface.
- Create a new loopback interface using the following settings:
- In the Name field, enter Lo-BGP-RID.
- For Type, select Loopback Interface.
- In the IP/Netmask field, enter 10.1.0.254/255.255.255.255.
- Under Administrative Access, select PING.
- Click OK.