FortiSASE Secure Internet Access (SIA) is a SaaS-based service that allows clients to securely access the Internet with the protection from FortiOS. With FortiSASE SIA, you can ensure that remote, off-net endpoints are protected with the same security policies as when they are on-net, no matter their location. The service is available through a subscription based on the number of endpoints.
FortiSASE SIA works with various FortiCloud services in the background to deliver a seamless service for securing your Internet access.
The onboarding process is as follows:
- The administrator initializes the FortiSASE SIA environment.
- The administrator configures policies and security components in FortiSASE SIA as desired. See Configuration.
- The administrator emails invitations to end users.
- Download FortiClient to endpoints and connect to FortiClient Cloud using the code included in the invitation email. This can be completed by the administrator when preprovisioning endpoints before distributing to end users, or by the end users themselves.
- FortiClient connects to FortiClient Cloud to activate its FortiSASE SIA license and provision the FortiSASE SIA VPN tunnel.
- End users connect to the FortiSASE SIA tunnel to secure their traffic.
- FortiSASE SIA applies the appropriate policies to endpoints.
- The administrator can view logs in FortiSASE SIA and modify the configuration as desired. See Logging.
For details on the deployment process, see FortiSASE SIA Cloud Deployment.
User provisioning is made simple, whether you are creating local users in bulk, integrating users from your Active Directory or LDAP server, or integrating with SAML authentication. You can also easily group your users to apply similar policies.
Once provisioned, clients are connected through an always-up VPN connection to ensure FortiSASE SIA scans traffic to the Internet. In terms of security, FortiSASE SIA offers antivirus, web filter, intrusion prevention, file filter, data leak prevention, application control, and SSL inspection to protect clients. Security features are customizable and offer many familiar settings as you would see on a FortiGate.