Use FortiSandbox CLI commands for initial device configuration and troubleshooting. After initial device configuration, use the GUI for most FortiSandbox functions. The GUI has a CLI Console which you can use as a CLI.
You can enable SSH and Telnet access on the port1 (administration) interface or any other administrative port set through the CLI command
set admin-port and access the CLI through SSH or Telnet to troubleshoot the device including RAID related hard disk issues. You can also connect to the CLI through the console port.
- Connect the FortiSandbox unit console port to the management computer using the console cable provided.
- Start a terminal emulation program on the management computer.
- Use the following settings:
Serial line to connect to
- Press Open to connect to the FortiSandbox CLI. The login as page is displayed.
- Type a valid administrator name and press Enter.
- Type the password for this administrator and press Enter.
set port1-ip 192.168.0.10/24
set default-gw 192.168.0.1
For more information on FortiSandbox CLI commands, see the FortiSandbox CLI Reference Guide in the Fortinet Document Library.