This procedure requires rebooting the FortiSandbox unit.
You can reset the admin password if you have physical access to the device and the following tools:
- Console cable.
- Terminal software such as Putty.exe (Microsoft Windows) or Terminal (Mac OS X).
- Serial number of the FortiSandbox device.
- Connect the computer to the FortiSandbox via the console port on the back of the unit.
- Start a terminal emulation program on the management computer.
- Select the COM port and use the following settings:
Opento connect to the FortiSandbox CLI.
- FortiSandbox responds with its name or hostname. If it does not, press Enter.
- Reboot the FortiSandbox using the power button.
- Wait for the FortiSandbox name and login prompt to appear.
- Type the username: maintainer.
- The password is bcpb + the serial number of the firmware. The letters of the serial number must be in uppercase.
You are now connected to the FortiSandbox.
- To change the admin password, enter the following CLI command:
- Log into the FortiSandbox using admin and the password you set in the previous step.
You can disable this maintainer user using the