Cloning custom image does not finish
To troubleshoot this issue:
- Login as user with admin rights.
- Go to Scan Policy and Object > VM Settings and change all other VM types' clone # to 0, and the failed one (customized image) to 1.
- Click Apply. This triggers the cloning.
- Click the VM Screenshot button on this page. In the dialog box, keep clicking the VM Screenshot button of the failed VM.
- Then click the PNG Link image icon to show the screenshot. The image might provide the reason for the failure.
Common reasons for the failure:
- The custom image is too large so that the system does not have enough memory. Possible solutions are to reduce its size with Windows Disk Defragmentation tool or reduce clone number.
- The customized image license is inactivated.
- The system is not configured properly. See the VM guide in the Fortinet Document Library.