The columns displayed in the log message list can be customized and reordered as needed. Filters can also be applied to the data in a column.
- In the log message list view, click Column Settings in the toolbar.
- From the dropdown list that is displayed, select a column to hide or display.
The available column settings will vary based on the device and log type selected.
- To add more columns, select More Columns. In the Column Settings dialog box that opens, you can show or hide columns by selecting and deselecting the columns.
- To reset to the default columns, click Reset to Default.
- Click OK to apply your changes.
Place the cursor in the column header area, and then move a column by dragging and dropping.
- You can filter log summaries by using the Add Filter box in the toolbar or by right-clicking an entry and selecting a context-sensitive filter.
- Specify filters in the Add Filter box.
Use Regular Search. In the selected summary view, click in the Add Filter box, select a filter from the dropdown list, and type a value. You can click on an operator to use it, such as greater than (>), less than (<), OR, and NOT. You can add multiple filters at a time, and connect them with "and" or "or".
Use Advanced Search. Click the Switch to Advanced Search icon at the end of the Add Filter box. In Advanced Search mode, you provide the whole search criteria (log field names and values) by typing. Click Switch to Regular Search icon to go back to regular search.
Case-sensitive search. Use the Tools dropdown list to specify case-sensitive search.
- In the Device list, select a device.
- In the Time list, select a time period.
- Click Go.
In the log message list, right-click an entry, and select a filter criteria. The search criteria with a + (plus) icon returns entries that match the filter values, while the search criteria with a - (minus) icon returns entries that negate the filter values.
Right-click a column for Log View to use that column value as the filter criteria. This context-sensitive filter is not available for all columns.
For more information, see the FortiAnalyzer Administration Guide in the Fortinet Document Library.