The columns displayed in the log message list can be customized and reordered as needed. Filters can also be applied to the data in a column.
To customize the displayed columns
- In the log message list view, click Column Settings in the toolbar.
- From the dropdown list that is displayed, select a column to hide or display.
The available column settings will vary based on the device and log type selected.
- To add more columns, select More Columns. In the Column Settings dialog box that opens, you can show or hide columns by selecting and deselecting the columns.
- To reset to the default columns, click Reset to Default.
- Click OK to apply your changes.
To change the order of the displayed columns
Place the cursor in the column header area, and then move a column by dragging and dropping.
To filter column data
- You can filter log summaries by using the Add Filter box in the toolbar or by right-clicking an entry and selecting a context-sensitive filter.
- Specify filters in the Add Filter box.
Use Regular Search. In the selected summary view, click in the Add Filter box, select a filter from the dropdown list, and type a value. You can click on an operator to use it, such as greater than (>), less than (<), OR, and NOT. You can add multiple filters at a time, and connect them with "and" or "or".
Use Advanced Search. Click the Switch to Advanced Search icon at the end of the Add Filter box. In Advanced Search mode, you provide the whole search criteria (log field names and values) by typing. Click Switch to Regular Search icon to go back to regular search.
From the Tools dropdown menu in the tool bar, you can use the Case Sensitive Search check box to specify whether you want Log View to treat the filter value that you type case-sensitive or not.
- In the Device list, select a device.
- In the Time list, select a time period.
- Click Go.
To filter log summaries by using the right-click menu
In a log message list view, right-click an entry, and select a filter criteria. The search criteria with a icon will return entries that match the filter values, while the search criteria with a icon will return entries that negate the filter values.
Depending on the column in which your mouse is located when you right-click, Log View will use the column value of the selected entry as the filter criteria. This context-sensitive filter is only available for certain columns.
For additional information, see the FortiAnalyzer Administration Guide in the Fortinet Document Library.