To complete the installation, the Microsoft Windows VM package must be downloaded and installed either manually or automatically, and then activated.
For FSA-VM model:
The base package can be downloaded from ftp://fsavm.fortinet.net/general/image/2.0.0/2015022118_vm.pkg.7z
The following Windows VM are contained in the package:
- WINXPVM (Windows XP with Microsoft Office installed, 32 bit)
- WINXPVM1 (Windows XP, 32 bit)
- WIN7X86VM (Windows 7 with Microsoft Office installed, 32 bit)
- WIN7X64VM (Windows 7, 64 bit)
The base license file contains Windows license keys and Microsoft Office key to activate them. Users can also purchase, download and install extra Android, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 image packages. These packages can be downloaded from:
- Android: Download the package from ftp://fsavm.fortinet.net/images/v2.00/AndroidVM.pkg.7z
- Windows 8.1: Download the package from ftp://fsavm.fortinet.net/images/v2.00/WIN81VM.pkg.7z
- Windows 10: Download the package from ftp://fsavm.fortinet.net/images/v2.00/WIN10VM.pkg.7z
For FSA-VM00 model:
The base package is optional but recommended to install because you can use Windows Cloud VM, or use FSA-VM00 unit to work as Master and Primary Slave, which doesn't participate in job scans. If you plan to use the unit to do scans, you can choose to install the necessary VM. See To automatically download and install the package: for more detailed information. The default base package can be downloaded from ftp://fsavm.fortinet.net/images/v3.00/VM00_base.pkg
The following VMs are contained in the package:
- WIN7X86VMO16 (Windows 7 with Microsoft Office installed, 32 bit)
- WIN81X64VM (Windows 8.1, 64 bit)
- WIN10X64VM (Windows 10, 64 bit)
Download the md5 value of images from ftp://fsavm.fortinet.net/images/v2.00/md5.txt
Downloading the Windows VM package with a web browser is not recommended due to the size of the file. An FTP client that supports resume download is recommended.
- Put the package on a host that supports file copy with the SCP or FTP command. The FortiSandbox must be able to access the SCP or FTP server.
- In a console window, enter the following command string to download and install the package:
Windows Sandbox VMs must be activated against the Microsoft activation server. This is done automatically after a system reboot. To make sure the activation is successful, port3 of the system must be able to access Internet, and the DNS server should be available to resolve the Microsoft activation servers.
FortiSandbox can automatically check for and download new Microsoft Windows VM packages. Login to the unit, go to Virtual Machine > VM Images page, download and install the Windows VM image needed. The system must be able to access https://fsavm.fortinet.net. Detailed information can be found in the FortiSandbox Administration Guide, under the Virtual Machine > VM Images section.
Windows license keys might be needed to activate newly installed Windows VMs. The user needs to purchase them from Fortinet and install the license file. For example, the base license for FSA-VM00 model does not contain any Windows license key. Windows license keys are stackable, which means newly ordered Windows keys will be appended to existing ones and the new license file will contain all ordered keys.
For FSA-VM00 models, users can just purchase Windows license keys for enabled Windows VM only. For example, if user only enables WIN7X86VMO16 VM, only Windows 7 license keys and Microsoft Office keys are needed.
- Download the Key license file from the Fortinet Customer Service & Support portal.
- Log in to the FortiSandbox VM GUI and find the System Information widget on the dashboard.
- In the VM License field, select Upload License. The VM License Upload pane opens.
- Browse to the license file on the management computer then click Submit. The FortiSandbox VM will reboot.
The Windows VM or Microsoft Office on it is automatically activated against the Microsoft activation server when the system is rebooted.
For the VM unit, the number of simultaneously scanned Microsoft Office files is limited by the number of installed Microsoft Office license keys. Users can purchase extra Microsoft Office license keys to improve Office file scan capacity.
To ensure that the Windows VM and Microsoft Office activation is successful, port3 must be able to access the Internet, and the DNS servers must be able to resolve the Microsoft activation servers.