Overview of FortiPresence Analytics
FortiPresence is a secure cloud-based comprehensive data analytics solution designed for analyzing user traffic and derives usage patterns. By capturing analytics of consumer traffic patterns, businesses can learn more about their customers. FortiPresence combines WiFi and analytics to deliver end-to-end solution by providing data needed to understand customer behaviour. It includes comprehensive dashboards for data analysis and reports.
The existing Fortinet access points deployed at business establishments are leveraged to detect wifi signals from customer. In a typical business setup, visitor smartphones/devices probe for wireless access points, FortiPresence uses the signals emitted from these smartphones/devices to detect customer presence and record their location and movements. This information along with the social network authentication logins with Facebook, Google, or FortiPresence using your WiFi infrastructure is then processed in a cloud based analytics engine and presented on the customizable dashboards on the FortiPresence GUI.
FortiPresence provides an end-to-end presence analytics solution with the following key features:
- Cloud-based Service — No hardware to procure or maintain implies reduction of costs and quick and easy deployment.
- Presence and Positioning Analytics — The customizable dashboards and reports provide real-time location trends and presence analytics with animated maps and video play options to view and compare visitor data across sites.
- Site and Portal Management — The sites can be located using Google maps/created and floors planned for effective visitor data analysis. The visitor can login into your WiFi infrastructure using Facebook, Google social authentication, or a customized visitor portal.
- Access Point Support — The FortiPresence solution supports all Fortinet wireless access points. FortiGate, FortiAPCloud wireless access points (send visitor data in the form of station reports directly to FortiPresence), and FortiWLC wireless access points (send visitor data in the form of station reports to the FortiWLC controller which redirects data to FortiPresence).
This is an example of FortiPresence in a retail setup.
- Smartphone emits a WiFi probe signal and the FortiAPs capture the MAC address information.
- FortiAPs or FortiWLC summarizes and forwards the data records.
- FortiPresence analytics engine receives data via a secure SSL connection and processes it.
FortiPresence is General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant.
- MAC addresses are not stored in FortiPresence; each visitor is referred by a unique User Key.
- Personal details are not stored without the visitor’s consent - While logging on to FortiPresence, the visitor is presented with clear information about personal details being collected from the social network logins. Personal details, such as, name, gender, age, email etc. are stored only if the visitor gives an explicit consent, else such information is not stored.