The following terminology is used throughout this document and is defined here to avoid confusion.
- Legacy View - A view that is only available if the Legacy View Architecture flag is enabled. A Legacy View is one that has been rewritten in the new UI and displays in that form by default.
- Legacy Dashboard - This refers to the Dashboard available in FortiNAC through 9.1 as a Legacy View.
- Dashboard - Refers to the redesigned Dashboard built for 9.2.
- Widget - Formerly called Panel in our documentation, this term is used instead to align with the FortiGate.
- Visualization - A replacement for the tabbed view that the Legacy Dashboard had, a Widget has a selected Visualization which defines how it should render. Examples include "Pie Chart," "Table," and "Top Hosts." The set of available Visualizations differs per Widget.
The FortiNAC dashboard displays a variety of widgets containing information about your network. You can choose which widgets are displayed and rearrange the order in which widgets appear. FortiNAC saves dashboard preferences for each administrator.
The dashboard is the first window you see when you log in to the UI. If the administrator has no defined dashboards, a dashboard is created with the name Main by default for all users, but this name may be changed. An administrator may create multiple different dashboards and may reorder them in the navigation.