Social Media for Captive Portal
How it works:
FortiNAC uses API integration with the various Social Media sites such as Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Outlook, Twitter and Yahoo. Using a social media site's developer account, an app can be created what will provide an “App ID” or “Client ID” and a “Secret”. These are configured in the Portal > Portal Configuration > Global > Settings
One of the pages in the captive portal is then configured for Social Networking authentication. When a user selects the link for Social Networking in the captive portal, the Social Media Networks are displayed for them to choose. Once the user properly authenticates with their Social Media Account, normal processing of the captive portal occurs.
- Log into the developers site of the social media network you wish to configure. Create and set up an app for the site and save the Client ID and Client Secret. Use https://fortinac02.classicnetworking.net/registration/CustomLogin.jsp as the authorized redirect URL.
- In FortiNAC, navigate to Portal > Portal Configuration > Global > Settings. Change either Standard, Custom, or Game Login type to Social.
- Check the box for the Social Media Network Auth to enable its configuration. Input the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Click Apply.
- Navigate to Portal > Portal Configuration > Registration > Login Menu
- Edit the Login Type that was chosen with the desired text
- Click Apply to save
- Navigate to Portal > Portal Configuration > Registration > (Login Type) Login
- Edit the text as desired
- Click Apply to save.