Evaluating rogue hosts
Over time you may have hosts that remain rogues because they do not match any of the rules enabled in the device profiling rules. You may also have hosts that have been categorized incorrectly. At any time you can modify the rules or create additional rules and then re-evaluate hosts. Only those hosts that remain unregistered can be re-evaluated.
If a host has been categorized incorrectly and has been registered, you have two options. Either manually modify the host or delete the host and when it connects to the network again, it will be evaluated by the rules.
Rogues that are no longer connected or are offline are ignored.
- Click Users & Hosts > Device Profiling Rules.
- Click Run.
- A message displays asking if you would like to evaluate rogues. Click Yes to continue.
- A new message displays indicating that x number of rogues are being evaluated.
- Device profiler compares any rogue hosts to the list of enabled device profiling rules and processes them accordingly. See How it works for additional information.
- When the process is complete, click OK to close the message box.