The upgrade is performed on the Primary Server and automatically updates the Secondary Server(s).
If the Secondary Server(s) is in control, FortiNAC prevents you from updating and displays a message with detailed instructions indicating that the Primary must be running and in control.
Verify all the appliances in the HA system are in the proper status:
- The Primary Server is running and in control.
- The Secondary Server(s) are running and not in control. This can be verified by viewing the Summary pane in the Dashboard of the Administration UI.
Update the Primary server following the instructions for a regular system update. See Upgrade Using the Administration UI.
- Exit and re-launch browser
- Re-save the High Availability configuration. This is required in order for the
Primary Server to copy the license key to the Secondary Server. Otherwise, the
function to fail over from Primary to Secondary Server will not work properly.
Note: Management processes are automatically restarted upon saving the configuration.
- Navigate to System > Settings > System Management > High Availability
- Click Save Settings
- Run the Auto Definition Update Synchronization scheduled task to get the most
recent definitions for Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and the valid vendor codes.
- Navigate to System > Scheduler
- Click Auto-Definition Synchronizer
- Click Run Now