- FortiNAC cannot go backwards to a previous version
- The use of SFTP has been deprecated. The SFTP option in the System Update Settings will be removed in a future release.
- During the upgrade, FortiNAC automatically restarts its processes. The amount
of time for the restart to complete depends upon the size of the database (typically
between 5-10 minutes).
During this time:
- FortiNAC stops responding to RADIUS requests (wireless clients will be unable to connect)
- Captive portal is unavailable (isolated devices will be unable to register or remediate)
- VLANs stop switching
- Wireless clients already connected are unaffected
- Wired devices in production VLANs are unaffected
- Systems may have specific configurations that are not persistent through an upgrade. Attempting to upgrade via the Administration UI will trigger an alert and the upgrade will not proceed. In such situations, a support ticket should be opened to schedule the upgrade.