Fortinet is using the following version number format:
<First Number>.<Second Number>.<Third Number>.<Fourth Number>
- First Number = major version
- Second Number = minor version
- Third Number = maintenance version
- Fourth Number = build version
- Release Notes pertain to a certain version of the product. Release Notes are revised as needed. The Rev letter increments accordingly. For example, updating the Release Notes from Rev C to Rev D indicates changes in the Release notes only -- no changes were made to the product.
- The next number represents the version in which a Known Anomaly was added to the release notes (for example, V8.0).