When a new host connects to the network, it is directed to a special web page that allows the user to download the Persistent Agent. Once the Persistent Agent has been downloaded it must be installed on the host.
- On the host, locate and open the Persistent Agent.dmg folder that was downloaded.
- Double-click the Persistent Agent.pkg on the desktop to begin the installation process. Then click Continue to start the installation.
- Select the drive where the Persistent Agent is to be installed, then click Continue.
- Click Install to begin the installation of the agent on the local host.
- Enter the local host’s administrator credentials and click OK.
- Click Close when the installation is complete.
- Go to the desktop and unmount the Persistent Agent Installer by dragging it to the trash bin. The trash bin icon turns into an eject icon.
The Persistent Agent Icon appears in the system tray on the right. Click options for the icon are About and Show Messages.
Several options are available when you click the icon:
Displays the agent version, copyright, and other information.
Displays the list of the messages sent through the Persistent Agent that have been received by the host.
If any URLs have been sent separate from a message, a list of these are also be displayed.
Appears when host is in isolation requiring registration or authentication. When selected, opens a login dialog.
Log off the Network
Appears when host is logged in and authenticated. When selected, the host is logged off the network and is placed into isolation requiring authentication.
Show Network Access Status
Appears when the host is isolated for remediation or being disabled. When selected, the user is sent to either the remediation page for rescan or the dead end page if disabled.
- The Agent automatically communicates with the FortiNAC Application Server to authenticate the user's credentials. Enter User Name and Password, then click OK. The user is authenticated and registered.
If the Agent will not run (e.g., there is no icon displayed), uninstall the PA and run the following command from the command line (Terminal). Then, re-install the PA.
sudo /usr/sbin/pkgutil --forget com.bradfordnetworks.PersistentAgent