- Select Help > Preferences.
Use the Theme field to change the look and feel of the user interface.
If you have updated the User Theme for an Admin user, the Theme field in Admin User Preferences must be set to Custom to enable the new User Theme. This enables the theme for the logged in user, therefore, each user must log in individually and enable their theme. See User theme.
Use the Alarm Notifications to enable or disable the red number display in the menu bar that indicates when there are alarms. This also enables or disables the Alarm notifications that display on the login page.
If Alarm Notifications are disabled, Desktop Notifications are disabled by default.
To enable Desktop Notifications, click the blue link to the right that reads Enable Desktop Notifications. Settings in the browser are modified and you are asked to confirm that you want to allow notifications. If you enable Desktop Notifications but Cancel out of the Preferences window, Notifications remain enabled in the browser.
To disable Desktop Notifications,view the Help for your particular browser or disable Alarm Notifications.
If your browser does not support this option, the text Desktop Notifications are not supported by this browser. is displayed.
Desktop Notifications are set on a per browser basis. They must be set again for each of these scenarios:
- If you use http://8080 and then use https://8443
- If you are in a High Availability environment and switch between the Shared IP address and the actual IP, address of the primary server.
- If you have more than one FortiNAC appliance and you switch from one to another.
- Use the Hotkeys options to enable or disable use of Alt key combinations to access menus or perform specific actions, such as logging out.
- Click OK to save your settings.