Create additional groups to logically group elements that require network resources.
- Select System > Groups.
- From the Group view, click Add.
- Enter a Group Name
Select a Member Type, which indicates the types of items that will be included in the group.
Admin Users that access FortiNAC.
Hosts that access the network.
Devices such as switches, computers, or printers.
Ports on switches on the network.
Internet phones that are connected to the network.
Users that log onto the network.
- For Host groups you have options for Days Valid and Days Inactive. These fields are used to calculate the expiration date used to age hosts out of the database. They are optional and should not be set if you have another mechanism that sets the expiration date. See Aging out host or user records before you set these fields.
- Enter a Group Description.
- In the All Members pane select one or more items to be included in the group, then click the right arrow to move them to the Selected Members pane. For lists that do not include check boxes, select multiple items by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking.
- To remove an object from the group, click on it and then click the left arrow.
- To add subgroups to a group, select the Groups tab and select one or more groups to add as subgroups.
- Click OK to save the new group.