A system backup creates a backup of all system files that are used to configure FortiNAC, such as license key and web server configurations.
- Click System > Settings.
- Expand the System Management folder.
- Select System Backups from the tree.
In the Remove local backups older than field, enter the number of days for which you would like to keep backups.
The timing of the scheduled backup task and the age of the files that are to be removed must be thought out carefully or you will remove all of your backups. For example, if the remove option is set to 5 days and your backup task runs every 15 days, you may inadvertently remove all of your backups. However, if the remove option is set to 15 days and the backup task runs every 5 days, then you would always have backup files.
- Click Modify Schedule.
- Select the Enabled check box.
- Enter a name for the task in the Name field.
- The Description field is optional. Enter a description of the task.
- Action type and Action are pre-configured based on the task and cannot be modified.
- From the Schedule Type drop down list, select either Fixed Day or Repetitive and set the day and time that the task is to be performed.
- A Fixed Day Task is one in which you schedule a task to run on a combination of days of the week and times of the day, such as Mondays at 1:00 pm and Fridays at 10:00 am. Select the day(s) and time to run the task.
- Click the box next to the day(s) to select the day.
- Click the down arrows and select the hour, minutes, and AM or PM from the drop-down list for each day.
- To enter days/times more quickly, use the Set Multiple Days button to set multiple days with the same time.
- To remove all settings click the Clear All button.
- A Repetitive Task is one that you schedule to start on a given day, at a certain time, for the number of times you specify, such as every 10 days starting today. The repetition rate can be set to any number of minutes, hours, or days.
Enter the Repetition Rate using whole numbers.
A repetition rate of zero causes the task to run only once.
- Click the down arrow and select Minutes, Hours, or Days from the drop-down list.
Enter the date and time for the task to run in the Next Scheduled Time field using the format MM/DD/YY hh:mm AM/PM Time Zone.
The new Repetition Rate does not take effect immediately. It starts the next time the scheduled task runs. For the new Repetition Rate take effect immediately, click the Update button.
- Click Update to update the Next Scheduled Time field or change the Repetition Rate.
- Click OK.
- Click Save Settings.
Remove local backups older than
Number of days for which you would like to keep backups. Anything older than the number of days entered, is removed the next time the scheduled task for backups runs. This setting removes backup files created on the FortiNAC server before they are copied to the remote server. Backups on the remote server are not removed.
Indicates whether the task is Enabled or Disabled.
How often the scheduled task runs. Options are Minutes, Hours, or Days.
Next Scheduled Time
The next date and time the scheduled synchronization task will run. Entered in the format MM/DD/YY HH:MM AM/PM
Allows you to modify the scheduled activity.