When a guest connects to your network and selects Self-Registration from the Registration page in the portal, a request for an account is sent to FortiNAC. The request is sent via email to a Sponsor for approval, however an Administrator can go to the Self-Registration Requests View and approve or deny any pending requests.
- A guest connects to the network, opens a browser and is taken to the Registration page. The guest submits a request for access.
- The Sponsor receives an email indicating that a guest has requested an account. Within the email there is either a Login link or Approve and Deny links depending on the configuration of the Self-Registration page in the portal.
- If the email contains Approve or Deny links, the sponsor clicks the appropriate link. The Guest receives a message indicating that he has been approved or denied. If the request is approved, the guest can login and use the network.
- If the email contains a Login link, the sponsor clicks Login and is taken to a login window for the FortiNAC Admin UI.
- The Sponsor logs in and the Self-Registration Requests view is displayed with the appropriate request record opened.
- The Sponsor can add a message indicating what the Guest should do or the reason for a denied request. This message is displayed to the guest in the browser.
- The Sponsor clicks Approve or Deny and the response is sent to the Guest.
- If approved, the Guest can access the network.